It is known that the main enemy of sleep – overeating: a full meal can lead to heaviness in the stomach and, consequently, insomnia. However, like fasting – fall asleep on an empty stomach can very, very few. But there are several products that are not just possible, and even need to be eaten in the evening, if you are familiar with sleep problems.
The diet should include:
Magnesium – conducts nerve impulses, controls muscle inhibition and complete relaxation. The lack of trace elements is manifested by high excitability.
Phosphorus strengthens the nerves, reduces tension in the muscles.
Calcium – its deficiency leads to tension, irritability , cramps in the legs and arms.
Vitamins of group B – increase mental stability, reduce nervous tension, lead to normal metabolism.
B12 ( cyanocobalamin ) – strengthens the nerves literally, forming their myelin sheath, helps to adapt to the changing regime. B12 deficiency is detrimental to nerve cells, shortens the life span, is fraught with paralysis.
In 6 (pyridoxine) – a pantry of enzymes, a lack of vitamin worsens brain activity, mood, is fraught with stress, depression .
In 2 (riboflavin) – point out the lack of riboflavin insomnia , lethargy, headache, bad mood.
In 1 (thiamin) – supports the psyche during overloads, eliminates the cramps of the limbs, muscle pain.
Choose the most favorite of them and indulge yourself at night looking, without testing remorse – you are struggling with insomnia!
Walnut is a rich source of tryptophan, an amino acid that helps produce the levels of seratonin and melatonin necessary for healthy sleep (these hormones are responsible for our biological clock and sense of time). It is these two substances that help normalize daily rhythms, quickly fall asleep and sound sleep.
Almond is rich in magnesium – And, according to studies, the low level of this substance makes it difficult to fall asleep quickly. A handful of nuts before bedtime helps to quickly solve this problem!
We know from childhood that a glass of warm milk for the night (preferably with cookies – but we’ll talk about this in more detail below) guarantees a good and healthy sleep throughout the night. In fact, all dairy products have this magical property: the calcium they contain helps digest the amino acid tryptophan and produce melatonin. In addition, calcium also helps normalize muscle activity and eliminates night cramps.
Good news for those on a diet – one of the most popular components of light salads, lettuce, is an indispensable tool in the fight against insomnia. It is all about the rich content of lactukarium – a substance that resembles a sedative in action. Lettuce, by the way, can be not only eaten, but also brewed: for making “salad” tea it is necessary to pour four large sheets of hot water and infuse for 15 minutes. And in order to make the drink more palatable, you can add a little mint.
Tuna and salmon
Fish , especially tuna and salmon, are extremely rich in vitamin B 6 , which takes an active part in the production of melatonin and serotonin. By the way, among other products where you can get this vitamin is garlic (exceptionally fresh) and pistachio.
As in the case of crackers, rice is remarkable for its glycemic index. But the jasmine variety more effectively than others helps to fall asleep quickly and firmly – this is what the results of studies published by the specialized publication American Journal of Clinical Nutrition .
If you believe fresh research conducted by the University of Pennsylvania and Rochester, a glass of cherry juice before bedtime helps to quickly find yourself in a world of dreams. The fact is that cherry raises the level of melatonin in the body.
Cereals are considered to be an excellent breakfast dish , but it turns out that they are no less useful as a dinner. They contain two components at once that help to fall asleep quickly and firmly: carbohydrates (in the flakes themselves) and calcium (in the milk with which they are taken).
Chamomile tea is the first remedy recommended for insomnia. And not without reason: one cup of flavored broth raises the level of glycine, which, in turn, gently soothes the nerves and relieves muscle tension.
The natural sugar contained in honey increases insulin levels and allows tryptophan to more quickly interact with the brain. A teaspoon of honey with chamomile tea before bedtime will enhance the calming effect of the drink.
Another valuable source of tryptophan is shrimp and lobster, however strange it may sound. A good reason to indulge in seafood delicacies at night looking.
The champion on the content of tryptophan in meat is venison. In this game, the valuable substance is twice as large as in turkey. You will start yawning right after dinner!
Herbs for insomnia
Herbal treatments for insomnia are more effective than individual herbs. Recipes fees for different types of sleep disorders, “sleepy” bath – in the article.
In the treatment of sleep disorders, herbs have an indisputable advantage over artificial hypnotics with not always predictable results.
In addition to normalizing sleep, herbal medicine tidies up the psyche and improves the overall condition of the body.
Herbs have gained their popularity as a natural hypnotic due to the sedative effect on the central nervous system. Relieving nervous tension and relaxing make it easier to fall asleep and sleep well.
- Mixture: equal proportions of valerian root, chamomile flowers, peppermint leaves, cumin seeds.2 teaspoons of the collection should be poured 200 ml of boiling water, leave for a quarter of an hour, filtered.We drink half a glass before going to bed.
- Mix valerian roots and nipples of hops 1: 1.One tablespoon of raw materials brew 200ml boiling water.Insist one third of the hour. Reception – 100ml shortly before bedding.
- 20g of lemon balm, 30g of motherwort and valerian roots.Pour boiling water with one and a half cups of grass mixture in 10 g of grass mixture, wrap in heat for 2 hours.Strain out. We drink three times one fourth glass.
- 30g motherwort grass and mint leaves, 20g hop cones and valerian roots.In 10g of the mixture, pour in boiling water 200ml, heat for 15 minutes.in a water bath. We filter, press, bring the volume to 200 ml. We drink 100g three times a day.
- Rosemary, lemon balm, hop cones, mint leaves, St. John’s wort inflorescences, rhizomes of valerian in equal shares.20g of raw materials need to insist in 200ml boiling water a quarter of an hour.We drink in the afternoon small sips.
- 60 grams roots Valeryans, by 20 grams of lemon balm and heather ordinary (grass). Infuse 2 tbsp .l ozhechki complex in 200ml boiling water for fifteen minutes. We drink in small sips with anxious, superficial sleep.
- Mint leaves and three leaf clocks (20 grams each), roots valerian women and Angelica (30 grams). Insist 20g of raw materials in 200ml boiling water for a quarter of an hour. Tsedim, bring the volume to the initial . Reception – 50 ml 4 r. in a day.
- Equal proportions of rosemary leaves and lavender colors.Table.l Goats mixture insist in 200 ml of boiling water to cool. Drink 200 ml before bedtime for two hours. Tea soothes well.
- The method of sleep, popular among our great-grandfathers, is: take poppy seeds, grind 1tablespoon, pour 1 cup of boiled milk, leave for a quarter of an hour. We drink to sleep for 60 minutes.
- Motherwort, calendula, thyme mix in equal parts.1tsp. raw brew one stack . boiling water, heat in a water bath for 10-15 minutes. Insist 60 minutes., Filter. Drink before bedtime by adding a teaspoon of honey.