Every parent was once a child too, and probably knows that childhood impressions and memories are the most vivid and vivid in a person’s life. Most often, the most dear memories of childhood are the lullabies that mom or dad sang before going to bed, their voices, soothing and full of love. Also often recall and tales that are so excited the imagination, and a reading which is always so sweet eyes closing, transferring small listener is already in the other, but this is colorful and full of adventures the world of dreams.
To read or not read, that is the question.
Of course , read, the answer will follow. There are so many chores and chores in everyday life that often parents are sorely lacking the time they could devote to their children. But, when the day has already come to an end, and the day’s bustle is left behind, the most favorable time comes to just spend it with your child. Nothing is more conducive to conversation and new discoveries than a burning night light, a cozy bed, pajamas and an interesting book read by the favorite voice of mom or dad. When evening reading becomes a kind of ritual, the child looks forward to the appointed hour, not only to listen to his favorite fairy tale, but also to ask the accumulated questions or just share his impressions of the day. This evening ritual creates a special atmosphere in which peace and safety reigns , and it also helps the child to get to know his parents better and vice versa. It is also important that while reading, the parent can lie down next to the child and hug him. Through this physical contact, the child feels the warmth and care that he needs. Also, reading perfectly develops logic and abstract thinking. Bedtime stories are a great way to instill in your child a love of books.
Simple reading tips.
- Any reading begins with the choice of a book, so let your child choose the book himself, even if he is still very young and can not read, show him the pictures, and he himself will point you to those characters that interested him most.
- Reading should be as colorful and juicy as possible , conveying the emotions of the characters, you can even try to read in different voices for roles, this will not only make your child laugh, but will also fix the plot in his memory for a long time .
- You should not insist on reading if the child is not in the mood and just wants to talk to you, this is important, and believe me, he will not forget the previous chapter of the book that you started yesterday .
- During the reading, the child can ask various questions, both on the topic and not related to it. Do not be angry, the point is not at all that the child does not listen or is not interested, most likely, something bothers him, and you have to find out.
- So that the child does not lose interest in books as he grows up , put his needs and are interesting above other criteria when choosing literature.
- You should also discuss together the actions of the heroes, their actions. It is important that the child learns the correct lesson.
What will interest the baby
from 0 to 6 months.
It’s never too early to start reading to a child. Simple rhymes and songs are best suited for this age . Babies perfectly catch the rhythm, and even without understanding the meaning of words, they react to intonation, which helps the formation of the first important emotions.
from 6 months to one year old.
The most suitable books for this stage of development are books – toys with three-dimensional pictures. At this age children are very active start to explore the world at the touch and to taste, so that the book should be made of safe, washable material desired. These books can be without text at all, the main thing in them is pictures, it is even better if these pictures are able to make some sounds, for example, if we are talking about a cat, when pressed on it, it made the corresponding sound inherent in it . Such books perfectly develop tactile memory.
From one to two years.
At this age, the child begins to impose words on visual images, that is, pictures. The child learns new words, learns to connect them . During this period of development, children are especially fond of books about animals, which parents can actively use and expand the child’s horizons with the help of auxiliary questions such as ” Where does this or that animal live ?” or “How does it speak, what sound does it make?” On these questions, you should gently help your child find the answer. Fairy tales with colorful characters are also good . When reading fairy tales, carefully monitor the child’s reaction, what he liked best, what frightened him, and what was left with a big question mark, this will help you understand him better.
From two to three years.
For this age, the most relevant are coloring books, which allow you to rearrange images of objects and insert them directly into the text , etc. This will involve the child in the reading process and, possibly, help him take the first independent steps in reading. At this age, children also learn about the world through imitation, so it is important to visually reproduce actions when reading.
From three to six years.
This period in a child’s life is determined by the rapid growing up. Now the content of the books is becoming more serious. The tales of Pushkin, Volkov, Bazhov, Andersen and Russian folk tales are best suited . Ask your child to retell you what he has read from the very beginning, this will help not to get confused in the images of the characters and the events taking place. Colorful illustrations are also important .