In the fight against insomnia, one of the oldest directions can come to the rescue alternative medicine like aromatherapy. Essential oils are used from ancient times in different countries. For those people who are tormented by different sleep disorders , but they do not want or cannot take medicines for some reason, essential oils can be a great solution. Aromatherapy offers various pleasant ways to restore healthy sound sleep.
General rules for the use of essential oils
- Each person can come up with their own individual combination of essential oils, there are no absolute and clear rules.
- If a smell blends of essential oils you do not like, you should not endure discomfort – aromatherapy should evoke positive emotions.
- Do not mix more than 4 essential oils at the same time.
- You should not experiment at night looking, as there is a risk that instead of treatment of insomnia you will achieve the exact opposite effect.
- Before the start of aromatherapy with a new type of essential oil, test for individual compatibility.
- If you feel worsening – the appearance of an allergic rash, the appearance of shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face or mouth – immediately stop contact with essential oils, take antiallergic drugs and seek medical help.
- Contact with essential oils is undesirable for pregnant women and children under 3 years old. If you suffer from allergies or bronchial asthma, also try to avoid aroma oils.
- Some essential oils weaken the concentration of attention, so aromatherapy should not be carried out before planning to control the vehicle.
Types of essential oils for insomnia
- If it is difficult for you to fall asleep, then the essential oils of cypress, cedar, mandarin, orange, juniper, myrrh can help.
- If you easily fall asleep, but during the night you wake up repeatedly and you cannot fall asleep again, then you can use the essential oils of lavender, neroli, chamomile, incense.
- In order to relax and escape from the everyday hustle and bustle, help essential oils of ylang-ylang, clary sage, incense, vanilla, juniper
- If you are suffering from depression, then be sure to include bergamot in the composition of the mixture of essential oils.
Some combinations of essential oils for insomnia
- Melissa 1 drop, lavender 4 drops, chamomile 3 drops.
- 2 drops each: rose, lavender, ylang-ylang.
- Lime 6 drops, jasmine 2 drops, lime 6 drops.